Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hair Pretties

One of my favorite places to order hairbows is etsy.

Custom artisans offer a wide range of colors, sizes, styles, and prices (starting at under $1). I like to go to the etsy site, search for "hair bows" and then sort using price, low to high. I usually find what I'm looking for fairly quickly.
When I do not find what I'm looking for...
  • If color is the issue I select a bow style that works and I contact the seller to request what I need. Typically sellers are happy to accommodate custom requests.
  • If it is a completely custom bow I am looking for, I open an alchemy request. Alchemy requests allow buyers to request a particular item at a particular price. Etsy sellers will then bid on the request. For example, if I were to request a bow to match an outfit, I would include a picture of the outfit, the size and style of the bow I'm looking for, and the price I am willing to pay for it. Within hours I am typically flooded with e-mails containing all sorts of gorgeous designs to choose from.
Here are a few bows I found while browsing:

Easteresque
A sweet bow with a cute bunny button. Perfect for Easter fashionistas!

Listed for $3 by My Monday's Child.


A Bit of Whimsy
Paisley birds are all the rage in the baby fasion and design world. What a fun touch this would add to a spring outfit!

Listed for $3 by The Pickled Pumpkin

Made to Match Gymbo
If you are looking for a bow to match a Gymboree outfit, simply search "M2MG bows." You will not be disappointed. Gybmoree shoppers must be custom bow lovers, as there are always a ton of M2MG bows to choose from. The following clippy bows were made to match the peachy pink and soft green colors of the Gymbo tulip line.

Listed for $5 by Aerochick.

0 comments: