Friday, March 26, 2010

Easter Attire Hunt Ended Prematurely

A few weeks back I posted about how the Easter attire hunt was on. I was looking at top designer brands on ebay, scoping out the perfect matching outfits for the Minis. I searched and searched and found two dresses that I was about to bid on when the mission was prematurely aborted by Mimi Fashionista (aka, my mother).


Mimi Fashionista, who is very shoportunistic (especially when it comes to the Minis), heard that her precious darlings did not yet have Easter outfits. Imagine? A month before Easter and they didn't have outfits? Shame on me. Thank goodness the world didn't end. ;) She immediately set out on a mad shopping trip.

The outfits are not designer labels. Nor are they a custom creations. They are not from Europe, or even a trendy shop on Newbury Street. They weren't even on sale. They ARE, however,
totally.
utterly.
cute.


Gymboree Tulip Dress - on sale now for $24.79!


Beige and cream-striped seersucker suit with white dress shirt and salmon sailboat tie -

on sale at Target for $22.49!



I would like to take this opportunity to inform my readers that, although I do love finding $200 Susanne Lively dresses for $25 on ebay; and, although I do love dressing my kids in fashions that well exceed my budget, my # 1 kiddo fashion rule is and always will be--nothing is a better value than free, so never turn down a grandmother's charity.

Besides, it keeps them happy!

p.s. She's giving me her Gymbucks, too! Woo hoo!

1 comments:

Kmama said...

Awesome. How cute are those outfits??