Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fashionable Cupcakes


I am a novice baker. I confess that these cupcakes came from a box mix (funfetti, to boot!).

However, I followed (umm, more like copied) my friend's piped frosting, and it made a world of difference in my typically messy cupcakes. I have attempted piped frosting in the past, but never successfully.

  • I used the buttercream frosting recipe on the back of the box of confectionary sugar (but melted the butter and added an extra 1/2 box of sugar).
  • Then, I mixed the frosting with the hand mixer for a good 5 minutes.
  • I scooped some into a baggy and cut a tiny hole in the tip. Well, actually, I cut a large hole (it seemed small at the time) and had to use the opposite corner and frosting was pouring all over my hand from the first too-big hole. Whatevs.
  • Lastly, I slowly piped it on. Voila!

0 comments: