Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Still Recovering from Easter

Pardon my absenteeism. This post was supposed to be here yesterday, but blogspot kept crashing on me. Hmm.


Anyway, I hope you all had a great Easter. We're still recovering from the weekend, 3 days later.

Saturday went by in a whirlwind, and before I knew it, it was 11 something at night and I was still hemming Freshy's suit. By the time my head hit the pillow I was completely wiped and drifted quickly into a deep sleep. Unfortunately, I was awoken just as quickly by Fresharinski jumping on my belly to inform me that the Easter bunny was hopping around downstairs.

"He is weally big and makes a lot of thumps, you know, Mommy. I keep hearing him thumping."

After an hour or so I managed to convince him that he should get back into his own bed just in case the Easter bunny were to check on how many kids live here. I told him if the bunny didn't see two kids, he might only fill one basket.
Okay, so maybe it was slightly mean to imply that a big bunny would be creeping around our house after I already knew his imagination runs wild. What can I say? Desperate times call for desperate measures. Little man was back in his bed in no time, and Mommy was fast asleep. That is, until, Fresh thought he heard the bunny again.
And again.

And again.

Finally, around 5 a.m., I gave up and did what any good parent would do. I scrambled for the remote and put on the first show that vaguely resembled kid TV (remember, it was barely 5 a.m.).

At 6:30 I let him wake Chicky. Unlike Freshy, she loves her sleep and it took a bit to wake her.


We had a great Easter, despite the lack of sleep, and both kids were thrilled to celebrate the day.

The Easter bunny brought Freshy a little crocodile and Chicky an Eaglet (in her purse).
We had gorgeous weather and enjoyed an outdoor Easter egg hunt and time with the fam.


Happy Spring!

Thank goodness the next holiday is MOTHER'S DAY!!! WOO HOO!!!

2 comments:

Kmama said...

They are so cute! And I love Freshy's suit (I had to come back and edit because I put his real name! LOL)

Sorry he woke you so many times.

Rheanna Bristol said...

They look darling! I love the suit! I too am looking forward to Mothers Day. Maybe sleeping in past 7;00 would be possible???