Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...

...an awesome Valentine's Day gift idea for Freshy--a Batman cape!

Like many other little guys out there, Freshy idolizes Batman (or "Baht-Mon" as he says with a Jamaican accent). He is going to go batty for this present. ;)

Unfortunately, I didn't have this idea until yesterday and my sewing machine is in the shop until Thursday. What I was hoping to create was a black cotton cape with a yellow bat appliqué and a Velcro closure. Since I wouldn't have enough time to sew something like that on such short notice, I did some Googling. My results included a bunch of cheesy store-bought costumes that ranged in price from $20-60. The only stand alone Batman capes I found had tie necks (which are just plain scary to moms of rambunctious little boys).

I decided to check on Etsy, the website of all things handmade. LOOK at what I found by the seller Homemadeheroes:




You get to pick which design you want on each side, and there's a long list to choose from (we chose Batman and Superman). Each cape is $18 and comes with a free mask. Shipping is only $2, and if you buy more than one item, it is reduced to $1. Talk about a bargain!

If this product is as cute in person as it is online, I will most definitely be buying a few to put away for gifts.

*******************************************************************************


How did Batman's mother call him to supper?

Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, Batman!

0 comments: